Part time, fixed term 12 month maternity leave cover
Be part of a team and culture that values and supports people to succeed
Motivate, empower and upskill parents in preparation for work or their return to work
Workskills is a progressive, leading, not for profit organisation delivering Employment Services throughout Southern Tasmania. Our Impact Communities Arm delivers the ParentsNext (PNX) Program to assist parents of young children plan and prepare for study and employment.
This is a part time, fixed term 12 months maternity leave cover position. The position is based in Bridgewater, working 56 hours per fortnight (8:30am – 5:00pm) every Monday, Tuesday & Thursday and every second Friday.
We are looking for an energetic individual with a strong passion for supporting and motivating others to succeed and reach their full potential. As a ParentsNext Mentor you will work closely with and assist the ParentsNext Manager to deliver the PNX program to eligible participants in Southern Tasmania.
You will be instrumental in the engagement of parents, offering them support and guidance in order to upskill and empower them to prepare for study or work.
Our ideal candidate will have relevant experience in Employment or Community Services, established local referral networks, excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to achieve positive social outcomes for participants from a broad cultural background.
To be successful in this exciting and rewarding role you will have the following:
- Excellent customer service skills (both internal and external).
- An understanding of the barriers faced by Parents who are returning to work.
- The ability to professionally engage with community stakeholders and established local networks.
- Empowering case management skills, and experience working with people with diverse backgrounds and varying degrees of disadvantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills which can be used to lead a team, build confidence and motivate people from diverse backgrounds.
- The ability to negotiate, problem solve and resolve conflict.
- Proven experience as an enthusiastic team player.
- The ability to prioritise competing demands and remain organised under pressure.
- Strong administration and computer skills.
- A current Tasmanian Drivers’ Licence
What we offer
- Modern, safe, friendly and supportive work environment
- A competitive salary plus salary packaging options
- 5 weeks annual leave (pro rata)
- 12 days personal leave (pro rata)
Take the next step
For a confidential conversation about this exciting opportunity contact Caitlin on 0409 533 229.
Download the position description here.
To apply include your resume, and a cover letter addressing the selection criteria and outlining your vision of success in this role.
Forward your application to firstname.lastname@example.org (Please do not apply via seek, applications via seek will not be considered)
Workskills Incorporated is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
As a Child and Young People Safe Organisation all employees are required to undertake a Working with Children Check and a National Police Check.
All applications will be treated in the strictest of confidence.