At Workskills, we often hear wonderful stories of job seekers impressing their Work for the Dole and Voluntary Work Hosts with their attitude, presentation and skills. Do you know a similar story? If so, please take 10 minutes to nominate the job seeker for one of the 2018 Southern Cross Television Tasmanian Volunteering Awards.
The awards are an important way to acknowledge and celebrate others, for the time they dedicate to volunteering and their valuable contribution to the community and economy.
Nominations can be done in just ten minutes with only four questions and a maximum of 500 words required.
The Governor of Tasmania, Professor the Honourable Kate Warner will host the finalists at Government House for a high tea on Monday 21 May 2018, where the winners will be announced.
Nominations close at 5pm, 2 March 2018
- The Hydro Tasmania Excellence Award – for best practice in volunteer management
- The Anglicare Tasmania Community Care and Health Award
- The CatholicCare Volunteer Group or Program Award
- The Lifeline Tasmania Emergency Services Award
- The NRM South Environment, Animal Care and Conservation Award
- The TasTAFE Education, Science and Technology Award
- The Tourism Industry Council Tasmania’s Arts, Heritage and Tourism Award
- The Bulk Nutrients Sport and Recreation Award
- The Corporate Award – for an employee volunteering program
All nominees will receive a Certificate of Recognition for their volunteering contributions during National Volunteer Week, 21-27 May 2018.
Please take a little time out of your day, and make someone elses. Click here to go to the nomination page.